Trash & Recycling
The City of New Franklin currently has a trash aggregation program for collection of household refuse and recycling through Republic Services.
30-Gallon Bag Service (with Biweekly Recycling Services Included)
- Republic Services will provide collection and disposal of a single 30-gallon bag that is a service level offering. 30-gallon bags will be distributed to customers requesting this service
- Bag customers with bulky items must make arrangements with Republic Services for payment to have bulky items collected prior to setting them at the curb for collection
- View the bulky items list
Limited 96-Gallon Cart Service (with Biweekly Recycling Services Included)
- Republic Services will provide residents with one 96-gallon cart for use at no charge. Limited 96-gallon Cart Service residents with excess solid waste must purchase the accepted 30-gallon bags
- If Limited 96-gallon Cart Service residents have bulky items or solid waste in their own bags or containers, they must make arrangements with the hauler to have these items collected prior to setting them at the curb
- View the bulky items list
Unlimited Service (with Biweekly Recycling Services Included)
- Contractor will provide unlimited collection and disposal of residential solid waste and bulky items generated from subscribing residents. Residents will be provided with one 96-gallon cart at no charge
- Residents who subscribe to the Unlimited Service may also use their own 30-gallon cans or bags to contain and set out their solid waste
- Unlimited Service residents may also set out bulky items listed at no extra charge.
For customer service, pricing questions, or assistance call 800-247-3644.
Republic Services accepts bagged and bundled yard waste with regular trash pick-up. Stick bundles must be no larger than 4 feet by 1 foot and tied securely. Bags/bundles must be under 50 pounds each and in standard size bags (not contractor size). New Franklin residents can also take advantage of the City of New Franklin's free yard waste drop-off and leaf drop-off opportunities in the spring and fall.
Service Options & Cost
- Unlimited Service: Up to 5 bags or bundles per week (additional bags / bundles $3.50 each).
- Limited Service: Up to 5 bags/bundles per week at $5 per bag/bundle
Republic Services is closed on six major holidays:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
If your trash service falls on or after a holiday, Monday through Friday, your collection will be delayed one day. Should one of these holidays fall on a Saturday or Sunday, all collections for the following week will be performed on the normal collection day, without delay.
Items Not Collected
Republic Services will not collect:
- Hazardous waste
- Flammable and toxic waste
- Large batteries
- Dead animals
- Large car parts
- Stone dirt
- Any items in excess of 50 lbs
- Unsecured bundles of material that are unsafe for collection
- Anything over 4 feet in length
Check out Summit ReWorks for hazardous waste, electronics recycling, scrap tires, document shredding and other services.
New Franklin Collection Schedule
Republic Services has provided the schedule (PDF) below for 2022.
To start service or for more information, please call 800-247-3644.